Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Chiaroscuro/Still Life

I am getting quite fond of this style. The more I try it, the more I enjoy it. In my humble opinion, I am getting closer to what I originally wanted...that old 16th century Dutch/Italian still life  look without the riches. It does take a while to understand that less is more, I like the way this image turned out because there are only 4 objects, it is simple, moody and beautiful according to... me.

When framed and displayed at night the candle in the picture will look like lit. Ok, I know it was Goya, the one whose paintings look like lit from within, he was Spanish not Dutch nor Italian. Still, it is great to bring to photography what some of the classic masters did centuries ago with oil paint.

More to come soon... I have few ideas that are burning to be experimented, but they are fishy.....stay tuned

See my other Still Life/Photography/Paintings related posts here

Feel free to connect with me in Facebook or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment